Monday, July 22, 2013

REVIEW | Ciao Wine Bar - a good place for Italian & wine in Yorkville

I've been to Ciao Wine Bar a few times and had both good and not-so-good experiences. However, I always find myself returning here and recommending this Italian Restaurant/ Wine bar to my friends. For the most recent dinner I had there with a girlfriend, we had a great time with some delicious pizza, pasta and wine.
  
Image from Ciao Wine Bar

 Located in the heart of Yorkville, this is a sophisticated and busy restaurant and wine bar.  The interior is very pretty with visible wine rooms and rustic decor.  Their service has always been great - they have friendly, helpful and doting servers and hosts.

Image from Ciao Wine Bar
Image from Ciao Wine Bar

They offer a plate of foccacia to start with pickled olives and peppers.  The bread is very delicious with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  It's a good start if you've ordered one of their Wines from their extensive Wine Menu.

Side note: last year, they had a fantastic Thursday Specials, which was half priced drinks for Happy Hour!  I don't know if they still have this... but if they do, I know I'll be there every Thursday!



When we order pasta, we always get the Spaghetti Carbonara - it's definitely our favourite there.  There's just the right amount of sauce vs. noodles.  So yummy!

Their pizzas are delicious as well.  I like to try new pizzas every time I go and I still have yet to try all of them!  This time, I got the Patate + Salsiccia, which has mozzarella, gorgonzola, potatoes, and spicy Italian sausage. I've never had pizza with potatoes in it, but it was cooked to perfection so the potato was not too much on the pizza. The gorgonzola was very strong, which I loved, but if you're not into that, stay clear and get their Quattro Stagioni or Pollo Pizza.


When I want to eat some good Italian food, I head to Ciao Wine Bar and know I'll be satisfied,  Their staff and spacious robust environment is perfect for date night, girl's night out, corporate events, anything - you name it!  It's a lively place for a get together as well.

The only time I wasn't happy with the food there was during Summerlicious with a few of my friends.  My pizza was surely delicious, but they really fell short on their sandwiches.  I suggest going here for dinner or for a few drinks and ordering from their Pasta & Pizza sections.






Ciao Wine Bar on Urbanspoon
Ciao Wine Bar on Foodio54

No comments:

Post a Comment