Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookie Variations

The peanut cookies were gobbled up too quickly so I had to make another batch! I tried making it with some different variations :)

The first variation I tried was with butterscotch chips and peanuts! I ended up reducing the sugar to 1/3 cup instead because the butterscotch itself was pretty sweet


The next variation I tried was a pistachio and chocolate chip, a quick note is to toast the pistachios first so that they are more crunchy! I didn't toast them this time so they weren't as crunchy as I had hoped!


Overall, I'm definitely pleased with how the different variations turned out with the original recipe, it's really a fast and simple recipe that can be changed so many times! The next time I plan on trying out toffee bits and raisins! Go check out your bulk barn to see what different kinds of nuts and mixes you can try!

These were the pistachios and chocolate chips!

With the recipe, just mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and salt together. Then separate the basic dough, I separated it into two batches this time. Put whatever mix of nuts and chocolate etc you want in each batch, mix and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment